Week 2 - Wire Frames

Personae 1
  • Name: Haiyan Zhang
  • Age: 55
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal Statement: I like to find out about what’s going on in my city when I ride the bus to work. I used to buy a newspaper, but now I use my phone.”
  • Role: Grazer. A casual browser on the web. No brand loyalty, but will revisit sites if it’s interesting 
  • Occupation: Civil Servant
  • Lives: Petone/Wellington Region
  • Access: Haiyan prefers television in the evenings. But her workplace is encouraging employees to understand how the web reaches people
  • Languages: Chinese, English
Task ArticleBed Tax for Wellington.






Personae 2
  • Name: Hemi Kamana
  • Age: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal Statement: “I like to stay in touch with what’s going on, but I don’t want to sit around doing it.” 
  • Role: Multitasker. Interacts with their information while performing other tasks 
  • Occupation:  Freelance personal trainer
  • Lives:  Island Bay with 2 flatmates. Commutes to assignments in the car or on a bicycle.
  • Access: Watches video on demand on their laptop. Uses their smartphone to listen to music and podcasts while exercising
  • Languages: Te Reo Maori, English
Task Article: Big Sound in a small town





Personae 3
  • Name: Mike Richards
  • Age: 48
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal Statement “I remember reading the newspaper over my mum’s shoulder when I was a boy. I don’t think NZ news tells my kids about the serious issues facing the world, or the country.”
  • Role: News Junkie
  • Occupation:  Owns a small secondhand bookshop near Cuba Street
  • Lives: In Newtown with his partner and youngest son who’s still at home. Saves money by commuting to work on the bus
  • Access: Prefers accessing the web on his PC. He has the Dominion Post bookmarked and constantly refreshes the home and category pages looking for changes while at work and instead of finishing his book reviews

Task Article: Two Beach Deaths in Auckland



Personae 4
  • Name: Sarah Blake
  • Age: 27
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal Statement “There’s a lot of things that happen in the Wellington region that I’m not seeing reported in NZ. I’d like to contribute to what my city sees and maybe get some of it into the world.”
  • Role: Community member and citizen journalist
  • Occupation:  Freelance designer, weekend artist, and occasional volunteer
  • Lives: Sarah lives in Te Aro with her partner. The central location helps her stay in touch with her friends and collaborators 
  • Access: She has a beat up, hand me down smartphone because she prefers to spend her money on her beloved laptop. Uses all the primary social media, but prefers Instagram and Twitter  

Task Article: Free Weekend parking to go.


Personae 5



  • Name: Andrea Pazmandi
  • Age: 32
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal Statement  “I like to know what’s happening. Especially in Tauranga where I’m from. But when those ABs or the Silver Ferns are playing? Nothing else matters!”
  • Role: Sports fan and Community member
  • Occupation: Hospitality Manager
  • Lives: with her boyfriend. Drives into The Terrace from Brooklyn six days a week
  • Access: Andrea’s boyfriend has hooked up their PC to the TV in the living room so that they can watch games and read sports articles together. She loves Facebook to stay in touch with heroes, heroines, and friends

Task Article: The Four potential All Blacks Captains





Comments